This issue features club updates and chat corner with one of our wonderful volunteers, Adam Elder! Click the link below to download this issue.
As a result of amazing support from the Scottish Government and STV Children’s Appeal Winter Support Fund, we are delighted to be teaming up with Helen Singleton (Lotus Lily Yoga) and Cal Owens (Caledonia Fitness) to deliver some new online sessions for all ages and abilities.
Helen will be running adaptive yoga sessions every second Wednesday at 7pm, starting on the 10th February. Read her bio below!
Cal will be running strength and conditioning sessions every second Saturday at 11am, starting on the 20th February. Read his bio below!
We held our club AGM on Tuesday 19th January via zoom. The meeting minutes and financial report are available to download below;
5th January 2021
Due to current government restrictions we have had to postpone our face to face sessions. However, we have put together a virtual session schedule which will keep everyone active and engaged during these difficult times.
Virtual sessions will take place on Zoom on these days and times;
Wednesday night: 7pm
Saturday morning: 11am
Effective from Monday 2 November 2020 Dundee Dragons sessions are changing, although equipment cleaning, hand sanitising and the need for screening information remains unchanged.
In accordance with current Scottish Government guidelines Dundee has moved into Tier 3 restrictions, therefore the following will apply.
This is, of course, subject to change depending upon the prevailing conditions around the virus.
• People who live outwith Dundee City cannot attend sessions due to the travel restrictions preventing people travelling from other areas into a Tier 3 area
• Adults, over 18, are unable to participate in indoor or outdoor group activity.
Adults can still assist with coaching activity but as lead or assistant coaches.
(If you want to attend as a coach or assistant please let us know ahead of each session)
• Adults can attend for one to one coaching e.g. One coach to one adult participant, Tennis and Badminton are probably the best examples of this type of activity.
(Attendance for one to one coaching must be agreed beforehand please do not simply turn up at a club session as we may not be able to accommodate you)
• Young people 12 to 17 can attend for group activity and if doing Basketball can share equipment e.g. Basketball provided, they are effectively cleaned before during and after sessions.
The coaches must also ensure that they remain socially distanced and apply the same procedures we have been adopting e.g. wearing face coverings during briefings
(Please let us know if you are planning to attend any of the sessions enabling us to plan content, this includes Wednesday 6pm to 8pm, Saturday 10am to 12noon and Sunday Tennis 10am to 12noon_
• Young people under 12 can also attend group sessions with no requirement for social distancing as before.
Should you require any further information please contact
We have lots of exciting things to share with you in this months newsletter including; club updates, an interview with wheelchair basketball legend Ben Leitch and a news report from club parent Andy Anderson about the Disability Golf Phoenix Cup!
You can access all this and more by clicking the link below!